TSW. Trichotillomania. Books. Life.

The many symptoms of withdrawal: Weeping skin


Here is part 4 of my mini series on the many symptoms of withdrawal. Today's post highlights weeping skin. Luckily weeping skin didn't last too long for me - about 3 months but in that period it was quite extreme with weeping from my ears, face, neck, arms, back, chest and torso. In the second year I also experienced it but not on such a grand scale and in more isolated areas.

Weeping skin is scary but it DOES stop and it's all part of the process.

Big hugs to you all
Cara xxx


*No filters used on my photos.

When weeping skin dries it forms a golden crust.
Weeping wound on my neck.

(Left) Weeping skin. (Right) When weeping skin dries.


Other posts in the series:
Elephant skin (Before and after) - here
Hair loss (Before and after) - here
Dry & cracked skin - here
Red skin & sleeves - here
Puffy & swollen skin - here
Your mental health - here

7 comments

  1. Hi Cara,
    I have been following you since I started tsw. You are one of the tsw blog I feel like I can relate to. Also you are from the UK like me. Your tsw story inspired me to stay strong. I like your eloquent writing and believe you are an amazing author. I am 4-5 months in my withdrawal and my skins oozing has reduced the only place I ooze is from my knees down. Which I hope will end soon. I wanted to know during your tsw how did you know the oozing was coming to an end. And also how did your skin stop shedding and when did you notice the signs that your skin was producing natural oils. Keep up the amazing work I hope you stay healthy and happy. X
    Naz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nasra
      Thank you for the lovely comment <3 I'm so glad I could help in a small way. Congratulations on reaching well over 4 months TSW and glad to hear the oozing has subsided, is stopped around the same time for me. There wasn't really a sign when it was going to stop - for me at least - it just did. My skin stopped shedding gradually. For the first 6 months + it was intense and there was so much but after that, over time it became less and less until it was gone. My natural oils came back very gradually too but didn't really start until much later into withdrawal - maybe 20 months in. It's hard to remember certain elements of TSW as it's been such a long time now and I didn't write anything down which I'm gutted about!
      Wishing you the best of luck with your withdrawal and please contact me if you need to.
      Big hugs
      Cara xxxx

      Delete
  2. This will keep excess oil as well as dirt out of your face & therefore you'll get a healthy & glowing skin, free from all sorts of skin issues. via thedermreport.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hidradenitis suppurativa is surely an upsetting disease and it may influence patients to an psychological level. inflammation hidradenitis suppurativa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read most of your blog yet I have seen nothing about what you used to assist in your healing ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by pipdig | © TSW Cara