TSW. Trichotillomania. Books. Life.

Just a little...


... post to wish all my fellow TSW warriors a very Merry Christmas and a 2016 full of healing!!

This time last year, my skin was terrible - I was housebound and my mum had to do pretty much everything for me as my hands were so bad. Today, my life couldn't be more different. I don't think it has really hit me yet just how much my life has changed but I am trying to appreciate every single day of good skin and just live.

The last 30+ months have been extraordinary in every sense of the word. I feel like a broken record when I say this but going through Topical Steroid Withdrawal was the best thing I have ever done.

Last Christmas, my skin may have been terrible, but it didn't stop me from having a wonderful Christmas so to anyone suffering out there, don't let it stop you either from making the most of the holidays.

Now here is my Christmas present to you: a reminder that you WILL get better. It may not be in 2016 but it will happen one day and when that time comes, you will look back on the experience and feel so immensely glad you decided to make the scary and momentous decision to quit using all topical steroids.

Time passes. Time heals. Time flies.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Lots of love
Cara xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design by pipdig | © TSW Cara