TSW. Trichotillomania. Books. Life.

My Topical Steroid Withdrawal update – Month 40


It's amazing what can happen in as little as a month! Since my last monthly update post I handed in my notice and moved back in with my mum - a decision that was definitely right for me. I now live very close to the English countryside and I find there is something incredibly healing being so close to nature and I couldn't feel happier. As always, there are a few things skin related that I want to talk about:

  • From the start of September I noticed that my skin was slightly lumpy - exactly how it was a few months ago before it developed into an odd rash (that I talk about here). Like then, I know stress was to blame.
  • On Wednesday 7th September 2016 I got a large hive on my face (pictured below) that again, I know was definitely down to stress (you will notice a stress-related theme in this post). Over the next few days it went down until it had gone.
  • On Friday 9th September 2016 I noticed there was a slight difference in a small patch of skin on my left wrist and by the last knuckle on my right hand. The following day there was some redness and tightness in both areas. The issues were so small and faint though that my camera wasn't able to pick anything up! The weather was very changeable so it may have been something to do with that - or the fact that I started back at work properly (... or good old reliable stress??). The rashes never really materialised though and all I was left with was a bit of dryness on Sunday 18th September before the skin returned to normal. The lumps also went down too.
  • On Thursday 22nd September 2016 my skin started to get lumpy again. The following day my lips felt really sore and my skin generally felt irritated. I think a mix of stress (no way!), cleaning a lot and next to no sleep were to blame. My lips returned to normal the following week.
  • On Saturday 24th September 2016 I met up with five fellow TSW warriors. We went to a place in Chelsea called Tanya's and had some of the best cake I've ever eaten (even better, it was healthy!) and we spent a very lovely afternoon together. I say it every month, but I feel incredibly lucky to be part of this community. Later that day, I moved ... yes, it was a very busy day.
  • On Saturday 1st October 2016 I had a small sore patch of skin on my lips that you couldn't see but I could feel. The following day it dried up before returning to normal a few days later.
  • For a while I had a tiny patch of rough skin above my left cheekbone that you couldn't see and I kept forgetting about but on Sunday 2nd October 2016 it turned into a small rash (pictured) that was gone the next day.

It looks like I have had a lot of problems with my skin this month but all the issues were minor. Even when anything happens now, I still have great skin. I only mention this stuff because I feel it's important to discuss every single blemish as I know when I was going through TSW I was curious what happened after. After feels wonderful.

Sending you all lots of love and hugs <3
Cara xxxx


Failing to capture the minor issues on my left wrist and the last knuckle on my right hand.





No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design by pipdig | © TSW Cara