TSW. Trichotillomania. Books. Life.

I've found 'The One'


They say that when you meet 'The One' you just know...

After being hurt in the past, I didn't know if I could trust another, until someone suggested I take a chance and now I can safely say that I'm in love...

With a sunscreen.

I'll take you back to the beginning of our beautiful love story.

This June, I wrote as part of my skin update blog post (here) that I desperately needed to find a sunscreen that wouldn't break me out in a rash like so many have done in the past. Cue my fairy godmother, the lovely Hannah, who commented on my post and suggested I try the Australian brand Sun Sense Ultra AND CHANGED MY LIFE.

This is unprecedented. I have tried so many sunscreens, everything from generic high street brands to natural and expensive ones, all with the same outcome. But with Sunsense, there's been no reaction whatsoever – not even the smallest hint of irritation. I'm absolutely over the moon. I have been using it every day for weeks and didn't want to mention it until I was sure, but now, all I want to do is shout its name from the rooftops.

My love has come into my life just in time, too, as the UK is currently in the middle of a heatwave, with temperatures I’ve never experienced in my life for such a prolonged period of time. I would like to take a moment to say that I hope everyone in the UK going through withdrawal is doing ok in this weather as I can't imagine how tough it must be on top of symptoms. I started withdrawal during a heatwave, but it was nothing compared to this.

I use Sunsense Ultra 500 SPF50+ Sun Screen in the morning before I leave the house, then apply a top-up after a few hours if I feel I need to. The consistency is light and rubs easily into my skin, leaving no white cast, and sinks in within moments.

From left to right:
Pic 1 - put straight on the skin.
Pic 2 - rubbed in quickly once.
Pic 3 - very minimal rubbing into the skin.

I have a large pump bottle, which I keep at home, and a small bottle for my handbag, and you can buy all Sunsense products (here).

Right, I'm off to marry my sunscreen.

Much love
Cara x

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design by pipdig | © TSW Cara