TSW. Trichotillomania. Books. Life.

The saga is finally over...



Probably a little late seeing as summer is pretty much over, but it would appear my sunscreen saga has finally come to an end and I’ve found one that I don’t react to!!!

If you’ve been following the saga on my Instagram stories (here), in a nutshell, ever since they discontinued Sunsense three years ago, I’ve been looking for a replacement … but cautiously so for two reasons:

Left: what it looks like when it first comes out of the tube
Right: what it looks like on the skin just after
it's been rubbed in
Firstly, I seem to be allergic to most brands and break out in hives wherever I’ve applied it, then, every time I try a new one, it takes me a while to give another one a go – ah the joys of PTSD…

Secondly, if I was following my gut voice, I wouldn’t be using one at all because I have to be honest and say that I don’t know how I feel about sunscreens in general and whether they are right for me. I think that TSW tends to make you think differently about everything and you start to see things with new eyes, but peer pressure and worry about whether I was doing the wrong thing won. I don’t know if I’ve made the right choice, but I am grateful to Green People for making one that is rather lovely.

It’s thin(ish), sinks in very quickly, and after five minutes, it’s like you’re not wearing one. Tip: don’t slather it on, use it sparingly, and build up if you need to because I found when I got a bit gung ho one day and used a thick layer, my skin felt a bit suffocated – but I think that would be the same with any sunscreen.

Pictured in 200ml and 30ml bottles
They sadly no longer do sachets for you to be able to try before you go ahead and buy one of their full-size products, but they do have a 30ml travel-size tube (here) which lasted around 17/18 days, using it on my face/neck and hands once a day. 

I think products are such a subjective thing, and what works for me might be a nightmare for you, but if you’ve not tried it, and like me have tried so many brands and struggled to find one that’s good, it might be worth giving this one a go.

The 200ml bottle I am pictured with can be found (£10 cheaper!!!) here and it's so big it's going to last me months!

Sending so much love and healing to you all, dear skin friends xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design by pipdig | © TSW Cara