TSW. Trichotillomania. Books. Life.

I love London: My 5 year TSW celebration day out



This post wasn't planned but I felt like I had to write it all down before my feelings lost their clarity. I am sitting here in my M&S pyjamas after the most wonderful day with my mum celebrating five years since I started topical steroid withdrawal and found the answer to my 'incurable' eczema.

For a few years leading up to the milestone I had rather grand plans for the day. In my head, I wanted to be sitting on that beautiful white bench overlooking the Taj Mahal... For many reasons, I realised a while ago that was a rather foolish plan of mine - for one thing, I've just checked the temperature and it's currently 107 degrees fahrenheit in that wonderful part of the world and with my English, freckled skin, that's not a good idea. About a month ago, it hit me that what I truly wanted to do was go on The London Eye and toast to five life-changing years with a glass of champagne and my wonderful mum, so I did exactly that. I shall start at the very beginning...

In the morning, my mum came over and gave me the most beautiful piece of rose quartz. If you weren't aware, rose quartz symbolises love and healing. I also received a necklace from my mum's friend, which I absolutely love.






















We made our way to The Eye and as we crossed Westminster Bridge, I think it was then that I fell a little more in love with the city I am lucky enough to call home. The sky was blue and the weather was warm. It was perfect.










































When we arrived at The Eye, as we had paid for the 'Champagne Experience', we were shown to a separate bar area whilst we waited to be taken to The Eye, but it wasn't long before we were called to follow our designated hosts. There were about 19 of us in one pod and once we were up in the sky, we were handed our glass of champagne and I can't think of a more wonderful way to mark this particular milestone of mine. At the very top you are roughly 135 metres high and are treated to London at its very best.
















The experience lasts roughly half an hour and is a MUST for anyone visiting London.

Afterwards, we had no agenda. The Eye was our only real plan but as we found out, sometimes the best plans are no plans. We spent the next few hours wondering around London - ambling through Trafalgar Square to Covent Garden. Bliss.






























I spent the day with healthy skin and my wonderful mum, who I would never have been able to get through withdrawal without. Mum, words cannot adequately describe all you have done for me over the years and I love you to the moon and back. Thank you for everything <3

To anyone who has a loved one that has cared for them through withdrawal, stop what you are doing - stop reading this post - and tell them you love them immediately. Gifts, expensive meals out, lavish holidays are nice and all that, but the people and experiences you share together last a lifetime.

Mark those precious milestones. They represent one of the hardest, most life-changing periods of time that you will probably ever experience in your life.

Most importantly it shows that time does indeed pass.
Cara x

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design by pipdig | © TSW Cara