TSW. Trichotillomania. Books. Life.

My Date with a Shaver out NOW!


For those who have been following my journey with Trichotillomania and Dermatillomania, I am excited to be able to share that My Date with a Shaver: A diary of one woman’s journey to beat Trichotillomania is available as an ebook and paperback worldwide NOW!

Here is the blurb for My Date with a Shaver:


A frank account of one woman’s battle to overcome Trichotillomania and Dermatillomania with surprising results

Made up of diary entries written over a seven-week period in late 2016, Cara not only learns about her compulsions, but also herself. 

The diary explores some of her darkest memories of living with Trichotillomania and Dermatillomania and is written with honesty and humour.

Cara also shares some reflections, five years later, and some tips that helped her.

A life-changing diary, not to be missed. 


When I say this book has a past, I mean it. I initially self-published this book in 2017 under the title, My Date with a Razor, before it was republished with Trigger under the name Every Trich in the Book in 2018. After a three and a half year saga, the rights were reverted to me late last year and I'm just so happy to have full control of the book again because this is a subject that is very close to my heart as Trichotillomania and Dermatillomania were a very big part of my life for well over sixteen years.

If you are suffering from Trichotillomania and/or Dermatillomania, I know how difficult they can be, but there is hope, and with this book I am not offering some kind of cure, but a chance that you could learn, like I did, to manage compulsions that at times were hellish. 

Again, I know I say this for every book, but I wanted to stress again that you shouldn't put yourself under any finical burden to buy this (and I am always available in my DMs if you have any questions which I will always answer as openly and honestly as I can). I am sharing this for those who might find the book useful, because I know how difficult it can be to live with these compulsions. They also need to be normalised, because there is a lot of shame surrounding compulsive disorders which needs to end.

With all that being said, here are all the links to My Date with a Shaver, broken down by country:


UK
eBook (here)
Paperback (here)

US
eBook (here)
Paperback (here)

Canada
eBook (here)
Paperback (here)

Australia
eBook (here)
Paperback (here)

Germany
eBook (here)
Paperback (here)

France
eBook (here)
Paperback (here)

India
eBook (here)

Spain
eBook (here)
Paperback (here)

Italy
eBook (here)
Paperback (here)

Netherlands
eBook (here)
Paperback (here)

Poland
Paperback (here)

Sweden
Paperback (here)

Japan
eBook (here)
Paperback (here)

Brazil
eBook (here)

Mexico
eBook (here)

Whether it's TSW or Trichotillomania, they can feel like life sentences, but there is light at the end of a very dark tunnel. 

Sending all my love,

Cara x

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design by pipdig | © TSW Cara