TSW. Trichotillomania. Books. Life.

6 blissful months


This is just a small post to mark that it's been exactly 6 months since I suddenly got better. Really, on Monday 17th August 2015 I looked at my skin and couldn't believe it was mine. It sounds too good to be true but that is how it was for me.

In the 6 months since I have got better, my life has changed in ways I wasn't expecting. Last November I moved to London and started working and even though at times it's been incredibly tough, it's wonderful being completely independent and I get such a thrill out of doing trivial things like washing my hair which I couldn't do for such a long time as my hands were so bad. I am living completely back to normal and in a way, more than I ever did before TSW. As you know if you follow me anywhere online, I get the odd rash/skin issue now but it's always minor and has not impacted my life in any way. This is more than I could ever have hoped for.

I set up my blog, YouTube channel and Instagram etc because there were so few people who had got better. I remember when I was really suffering, the people who got better basically vanished from the internet and it scared the hell out of me. You go into a paranoid 'It's a conspiracy ... I'm never going to get better!' kind of place that makes you question if TSA really exists. I think it's imperative I stick around from both a personal and medical point of view to see what my skin does from this point on - even more so than the time when I was suffering.

I don't know what the future holds for me in terms of my skin. I am feeling immensely positive about it all and so very excited but I think there will always be a part of me that is ready for a flare up at any moment. No matter what happens, I promise I will document it and not just vanish from the internet.

I do look at us all as one big extended family - we are going through something that has so far been, on the whole, ignored by the people that should be doing everything possible to rectify this outrageous situation. One day our voices will be heard but until then, I will continue to highlight this ridiculous, debilitating condition until someone listens. Topical steroid addiction is a real condition and I would love to know now how many people worldwide at this moment think they have 'incurable eczema' when instead they have TSA.

I couldn't feel more proud of all of us - whether you are just about to start your journey or are further into it like me.

We will all get through this and you are stronger than you think.
Cara xxx

9 comments

  1. Thank you for this blog and the positivity it shows , . I am so gratefull for you showing yourself healed , as like you say it is scary and you doubt yourself especially when there is a lack of people showing themselves healed. Thank you and congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Juli-anne <3 I hope things are going well for you and that you have been able to put things in place for your own withdrawal. Big hugs to you xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Louise <3 I have been reading your blog since the beginning of my withdrawal and it's helped me so much all the way through - you have been AMAZING!! Really hope your skin is doing well at the moment.
      Big hugs
      Cara xxxx

      Delete
  4. Yay! I'm so happy for you! I am seeing more and more success stories like yours and it is so encouraging. It is so great of you to continue communicating after healing to give hope to others, as I totally understand the temptation to just leave it all behind. I hope to do the same. Hugs from texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dave :D
      Big hugs to you in Texas!
      Cara xxx

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing. I am in my 5th month and knowing I can do this helps me so much to get through TSW.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Elaine and HUGE congratulations for getting through 5 months! We are all here for support if you ever need it.
      Wishing you the best of luck with the rest of your TSW journey.
      Big hugs
      Cara xxxx

      Delete

Blog Design by pipdig | © TSW Cara