TSW. Trichotillomania. Books. Life.

Happy New Year!


I'm exceptionally happy to have waved goodbye to 2016 - don't get me wrong, there were some great moments along the way but like most people, I'm glad it's over. Regardless, I think I would call 2016 the year of personal growth and with that being said, I am excited to apply everything I have learned over the last year to make 2017 really count. I don't have any resolutions set in stone as I've realised pressure and I don't do very well and besides, plans change anyway, so instead I have a picture in my mind of the things I want to achieve and I'm just going to work as hard as possible towards everything and see what happens. I have a lot of plans though and I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed and working like a madwoman to make my goals come to fruition. The first thing on the agenda this year is to really look after myself as for the last few months I have neglected myself in lieu of getting a lot done!

I saw in the New Year with a group of close friends. It was the first year since recovering from TSW that I was able to celebrate properly and it was absolutely fabulous (last year I was working abroad and by midnight on December 31st I was completely and utterly exhausted). This year I wore a dress and some eye make-up and danced, ate and drank the night away. Two years ago, I was really struggling and could barely leave the house. It's amazing how quickly things can change with TSW so expect anything.

I'll leave it there for now but before I go, I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year and may 2017 be YOUR year!
Cara xxxx

2 comments

  1. Hi, Cara. My name is Peter - i just wanted to say how much comfort i find in reading your blog. I think it's wonderful that you have committed to this community. I started my withdrawal in April 2014 and have been rather stagnant in progress for the last year or so but hope that with time i will get better. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment Peter and I am so glad my blog can help in a small way :) The stagnant phases are just the worst as part of you thinks, is this me forever now?! But it does get better.
      Wishing you the best of luck with your withdrawal and please keep me updated with your progress!
      Big hugs
      Cara xxxx

      Delete

Blog Design by pipdig | © TSW Cara