TSW. Trichotillomania. Books. Life.

My Topical Steroid Withdrawal update – Month 33


Somehow another month has gone by (HOW IS IT MARCH ALREADY?!?!) and yesterday I hit 33 months since I stopped using all topical steroids. In the last month I have celebrated two huge TSW milestones - the first one being that I reached 6 months since my skin suddenly got better (post talking about that here) then last week when I hit my 1,000th day of Topical Steroid Withdrawal (post all about that here).

I haven't really got much to say this month bar my perpetual 'I'M SO GRATEFUL I DID THIS!' spiel. The only place I've had any rashes etc have been my hands but nothing that's caused me any problems whatsoever. I should also quickly say that it has been absolutely FREEZING recently but amazingly, I have had no reaction at all. I honestly can't believe it. Over the month I have marked down a few minor issues and things that I thought I'd mention quickly:

  • On the weekend of the 6th & 7th February 2016 I had a slightly itchy scalp and weird nerve tingles on my head plus some tingling on my face. It was a disconcerting feeling but nothing showed on my skin at all. 
  • From the 13th-21st February I ate a lot of bad food. My basic diet was very healthy but I added on a lot of extras that were exceptionally naughty. It had absolutely no effect on my skin though :)
  • I had a slightly lumpy chest on 26th & 27th February 2016 that is totally fine now.
  • On the evening of the 26th February 2016 my skin felt very dry - nothing showed on my skin though and the next day it was completely back to normal again.

Big hugs to you all
Cara xxx










I thought I'd add in the next photo as it was quite a big moment for me. On Saturday 5th March 2016, I went out shopping and bought both items pictured - while I was in the changing room, it hit me that they would be the first items of clothing etc that I would buy for myself where I wasn't motivated by comfort or 'I can't wear black because I will shed a layer of skin on it' or work. I simply bought clothes because I liked them and didn't have to think about why (I have no idea where I am going to wear that blasted dress though). It made me realise how much I had missed that, just being a girl. I had the most incredible weekend with my mum for Mother's Day and to be able to take her out for the day and go out together again was truly wonderful. Moments after TSW like this I will treasure forever. Everything has more meaning. Oh TSW how you have changed me!




4 comments

  1. Now, this is all a topical steroid sufferer dreams for. "Ultimate", "Luck", "Life"

    Congratulations!

    I have a question cara... do you think topical steroid have thinned your skin to any extent... How to figure out if it is thinned or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3

      Oh I definitely believe topical steroids thinned my skin. Before I went through TSW, I noticed I had worryingly thin skin on my face and arm creases - you could see so many veins and me and my mum were so worried! Amazingly, my skin is so much thicker now and you can't see the veins any more! I can' believe how much my skin has repaired itself :)

      Big hugs
      xxxx

      Delete
    2. I'm in month three of TSW.
      I can't thank you enough for writing this blog.

      It's keeping me going. Giving me hope

      Thank you so much Cara x

      Delete
    3. That is so lovely of you to say and I'm just so pleased if my story can help you in any way. Sending you much love and healing xxxxx

      Delete

Blog Design by pipdig | © TSW Cara