TSW. Trichotillomania. Books. Life.

Changing faces


I have just uploaded a video which I thought I would share with you on here today. The idea for it came to me a while ago after flicking through some photos of my face during withdrawal and being curious what would happen if I put them together in a little video with a quick turnaround.

There are some brilliant videos like this already on YouTube (although none of them to my knowledge are of anyone going through TSW and are more 'a photo a day' projects) which are much better because the photos have been planned and taken in the exact same position - unlike mine that are all over the place - but I think they still show the MASSIVE journey I have been on to get to the place I am today.

What I find crazy, especially in the photos of my face around the first six months of withdrawal, is that you can actually see my hairline gradually receding and eyes getting less puffy over time.


Time heals.

Big hugs
Cara xxxx

2 comments

  1. Thank you Cara for being so willing to post your experience. My daughter is in year 3 and due to a shot of prednisone, she is rebounding again all over. :( Its rough for her. I wish she had someone like you to talk with. Did you ever have to use steroids again after starting your journey? If so, how long did the re-bound take you? I love your pictures. They give me so much hope. This is not regular eczema and its hard to convince Dr.s of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment but so sorry to hear your daughter is rebounding. I didn't use any topical steroids or immunosuppressants over my withdrawal because so I wouldn't be able to offer any information on what happens in this circumstance. Why did she take the shot? Was it for asthma?
      Really hope it calms down for her.
      Big hugs
      Cara xxxx

      Delete

Blog Design by pipdig | © TSW Cara