TSW. Trichotillomania. Books. Life.

The TSW Database



After wanting to do this for well over two years, I am pleased to be able to share my TSW database (of sorts ...) with you all. A while ago, I realised there was nowhere that listed every resource on our iatrogenic condition online ... and so I decided I wanted to change that. We now have so much information at our disposal, and yet at the same time, so little, because it can be overwhelming knowing where to start, especially if you have only just begun your journey with topical steroid withdrawal. I have split this up into three separate categories/posts: Blogs & Websites, YouTube & Facebook and TikTok & Instagram accounts.

For Blogs & Websites, I think I have pretty much listed every single TSW blog out there. There are naturally very few TSW-specific websites, but I've done what I can to put what little we have on our condition under one roof.

For YouTube & Facebook, I think I have found *most* of the YouTube videos and channels dedicated to our condition, then shared what I believe to be all the Facebook groups and pages currently available.

For TikTok & Instagram accounts, I have listed (I think) every single Instagram account of those who have been through, or are currently going through, TSW. ***Then on 18th July 2021, I also added to the post a list of all the TSW-related TikTok accounts and videos.***

Every month I will be updating the pages, but at the rate Instagram accounts especially are popping up, this will be out of date tomorrow. I will do my best to keep adding to the lists when I can but please let me know if I have missed any!

***An update, written on Saturday 7th September 2019***
After putting up my database last week, someone within our incredible community got in touch offering to share their collection of medical journals and papers etc. with me for my database. The link to the journals can be found below.

***Another update, written on Monday 9th December 2019***
Last weekend, it hit me that I had completely forgotten to include within my database all the stories that have been featured in the media on our condition - so today, I did exactly that. The link to all media articles etc. can be found below.

***Another update, written on Sunday 24th January 2021***
I had been hearing about many things which could potentially be an issue for anyone going through TSW so I decided to add a new section to the database listing them all. They are things I wish I had known during my own withdrawal. The link to the things to potentially avoid during TSW can be found below.

***Another update, writen on Saturday 12th February 2022***
After seeing how many books that are about, or related to, TSW now, I thought it was about time that they were collated and put into one post. The link to Books Books Books can be found below.


For Blogs & Websites, click (here).
For Youtube & Facebook, click (here).
For TikTok & Instagram accounts, click (here).
For Medical Journals, click (here).
For The Media, click (here).
For Things to Potentially Avoid During TSW, click (here).
For Books Books Books, click (here).


I hope you find the posts useful and it makes navigating our condition a little easier.

Cara x

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design by pipdig | © TSW Cara